Friday, February 18, 2011

The 300 Workout

If you don't know what the 300 workout is, it is the workout that the actors on the movie '300' did in order to get into the amazing shape they where in. In the work out you smash out 300 repetitions as hard and as fast as you can.



 This is the workout:

a) Pullups - 25 reps

b) Deadlifts with 135lbs(60kg) - 50 reps

c) Pushups - 50 reps

d) 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps

e) Floor wipers - 50 reps

f) Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs(16kg) Kettlebell - 50 reps

g) Pullups - 25 reps

My Review: My goal time for this workout was anywhere between 30-45minutes, I managed to achieve 45 minutes including setting up the weights, box jumps etc. I wouldn't say I'm happy with the time, however I tried the 300 workout when I first started working out and didn't even manage to finish it, so you could say I'm content. The deadlifts would have slowed me down, and definitely the floor wipers! If I manage to improve on those, I would be looking at a much better time. As for the claims that it will get you into that amazing shape if you keep doing this, I can't say since I haven't tried it over a period of time - however in my opinion I don't think it will get you to bulk up if you were doing this over and over as they suggest, as your body is going to get use to it and you will then need to push yourself further, but if you want to just get in shape and get lean go for it. Try it out, get a good time and attempt to get that spartan body!
 "THIS IS SPARRRTAA!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment